Adult Hearing Loss
Hearing loss is the number 1 cause of adult disability worldwide. Yet hearing loss is complicated and differs from person to person. At Hearing Partners we understand this need and offer 2 basic treatment plans.
Majority of adult related hearing losses are due to ageing and noise exposure. For these types of hearing loss ,We offer:
- Screening Audiometry
- Ear check up
- Occupational health screening
- Hearing aid consultation
For cases that require more in-depth diagnostic tests, we have 3 dedicated centres who work alongside audiologists and ENTs for a full hearing assessment,We offer:
- Pure-Tone Audiometry
- Speech discrimination test
- Tympanometry (Middle ear assessment)
- OAEs (Otoacoustic Emissions Test)
- ABR, ASSR
- Full audiological report
In preparation for your visit to the clinic
- Call the clinic to make an appointment
- Bring your identification card/ passport
- Avoid loud places* at least 24 hours before as this can cause a temporary hearing loss.
- If you have severe ear wax build-up, have your ears cleaned of wax by a GP or ENT.
*‘Loud’ can be determined by having to shout or use a raised voice to communicate at a distance of 1 metre or 3 feet.